The Trust is an independent registered charity which delivers a number of positive and supporting activities within Bury and the surrounding community. The charity uses football and sport to provide a range of opportunities to improve health and fitness, develop educational opportunities and to engage hard to reach and excluded communities. Since becoming a registered charity in 2007, The Trust now supports over 150,000 engagements each year across many different programmes which support healthy lifestyles, reduce social isolation, improve academic achievement and employability, and reduce anti social behaviour. In 2012 the trust was voted the Football League Trust’s North West’s community club of the year.
Our Vision and Aims:
Our Vision – Increase Physical Activity For All.
Bury FC Community Trust has an ongoing commitment to providing high quality sporting, fitness and education programmes for all in a welcoming and enjoyable environment. Our aim is to encourage participation amongst all ages and abilities and to promote a healthy attitude for life. The Trust aims to remain at the forefront of sporting development by ensuring professional coaching with that personal touch. We commit to create a sustainable charity that can provide venues products and resources for the local community needs.
Our Aims – Bury FC community Trust is committed to:
- Provide high quality sporting, fitness and education programmes for the whole community of Bury and surrounding areas.
- Encourage high standards of behaviour both amongst our staff and the participants in all our sessions.
- Support all participants to reach their goals to enhance their development and to provide them with every opportunity to excel in their journey.
- Promote and maintain accessible habits in sport that will reduce social isolation through sport focused activities.
- Build open and honest relationships with communication by creating a positive sprit throughout the organisation through the development of accountability and respect for all.
- And most of all to work as a TEAM with everything we do – Together Everyone Achieves More.